Thursday, February 11, 2010

G' day mate!


G’ day mate! So I’m finally here in Australia! The past few days have been crazy but amazing. I still can’t believe I’m living in Australia. Sarah, my co-worker and I arrived in Brisbane Australia Wednesday morning Australian time. We then took a bus to Mooloolaba where our hotel is located. The weather is wonderful here! Yesterday, however, there were a few minutes of down pour rain but then total sunshine. We walked around the town for a while and ate lunch, then went to the grocery store where everything is so expensive! We are in a touristy area so I think the prices are jacked up. We also got new cell phones and an internet card. This morning Sarah and I went to the beach. After, Sarah and I started house hunting. Our company put us in a hotel for two weeks and we are now in charge of finding our long term stay… no luck yet. Tonight we plan on taking a stroll down the beach, and then on to more house hunting tomorrow. We start work on Monday but I have some research reading to do before that. Not gonna lie-I have seen so many attractive guys here! I just want to find our long term stay so I can figure out where I will go to church and then start meeting people ;) Well sorry I have no pictures up. I don’t have a way to get my pictures off my camera and onto my computer yet. I need to buy something for that. Well until next time! 

2 comments:

  1. Michelle!! I was SO excited when I checked your blog and you had posted! I think about you ALL the time and I'm sure you're having such a fun time! I love hearing about what you are doing and I can't wait to see pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you arrived safely! We went to Utah this weekend adn saw the rest of your family, it was strange to not see you! Have fun and keep us updated. Brenn is jealous!

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete