Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Job

In case you are curious as to what I do...

I work for Round House Racing, we are an events company that puts on races. Our main race is the 5k Foam Fest. It is a FUNcore obstacle foam and mud run. Watch the video on our website to see what it's all about.

I hold the position of Event Manager. I scout venues, create contracts, book travel, negotiate pricing, rent equipment, hire labor, create itineraries, manage the staging area, and perform quality control. These events occur all over the country. In 2013 we had 24 races, with our last two in Kansas City and Austin this month. We have 37+ planned for 2014!

In 2013, I was in charge of the Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Salt Lake races. I also helped with Orlando and Jacksonville. We were just assigned next year's locations, which I'm pretty excited about. I will be over:

Baton Rouge
San Jose
Charleston
Louisville
Philadelphia
Baltimore
Portland
Minnesota 

If any of you have ever been/lived in these areas, I would love any advice on sites to hit up. I don't get much time to site see, in fact, none, but I can arrange to come a day earlier or stay a day later if I want to.

Putting these races together is a lot of work...but I enjoy it. It is fun to visit new places and get out of the office every once in a while.

Some favorite obstacles: 
Death Drop

Slip n Slide

Cargo Net

It was fun holding a race in my hometown so friends and family could come.  

My hubby ran the race and then helped clean up.
He didn't know what he was getting himself into by staying but I'm so glad he did! 

Orabrush tongue, my bestie, my fam, and Brooks (from the Bachelorette) 



3 comments:

  1. I wish I was in town for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vic used to live in San Jose for a bit. If you need any help with anything let me know!! Love your blog, darling girl.

    ReplyDelete