Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Two Years

Two years down, eternity to go

Yesterday was my two year anniversary of being married to my best friend. Crazy huh?! I can't believe how fast time has flown by. It really has been an incredible two years. Some people say the first few years are the hardest, others say they are the easiest. Either way, sure, we have had our ups and our downs, but that is what makes marriage so special. We have been able to really get to know each other; learned each other's strengths and weaknesses, shared joys and heartache, help each other in ways we didn't realize we were helping. I cherish these early years of marriage where we can be completely devoted to one another, and can't wait for the infinite more years to come. I love you Chito, you are my everything.


Moving away from the mushy gushy stuff, in celebration of our anniversary we went on a date last night. We are trying to save up for Peru still, so keeping things low key. I came home from work to find Chito dressed in a sports coat with a bouquet of roses and a Sonic cherry limeade (our fav). He then proceeded to kneel down on one knee and renew his proposal to me with some very romantic words. We then went out to dinner at a Thai restaurant and saw the new movie Romeo & Juliet. Let me tell you, if you plan on watching that movie, don't wear mascara. I cried almost the whole last half of the movie (I'm a bit emotional I know). Finally as the movie starts to wrap up, I wipe away my tears and pull myself together so those in the theater wouldn't see how much I cried. Then it happened. The last scene. The final 30 seconds of the movie just pulled at my heart, tears wouldn't stop running down my face. Needless to say I walked out of the theater with my face buried in my coat. Really though. I loved the movie and suggest you see it, without makeup.



Happy two year anniversary to us! 



1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We love you and your awesome hubby!

    ReplyDelete